Page Content © San Diego Rock Art Association. All Rights Reserved.
• For 2018, we return to the San Diego ECC Theatre with full theatre seating (every seat is a good seat), ample parking, and a nearby shopping center with varied selections for lunch.
• ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. VISIT OUR REGISTRATION PAGE TO REGISTER ONLINE.
• Papers Accepted for Publication: SDRAA is now publishing the Rock Art Papers series and presenters are invited to submit papers to be considered for future volumes.
• Tradition Maintained: Registration includes our commemorative mug with conference logo.
• Our Logo: Our 43rd logo features the “Indian Cowboy” from a major petroglyph field west of the Salton Sea in Riverside County. In southern California history, Native Americans were recognized as some of the best wranglers and were in high demand for work on regional ranches. Elements in Cahuilla petroglyphs and pictographs seem to echo this often unrecognized history, including images of figures wearing hats. Historical elements in our regional rock art will be featured in two presentations at this year’s Symposium.
• CALL FOR PAPERS: We solicit papers on all areas of rock art research. Time slots
are 20 minutes, allowing for 18-
Please identify your paper as a Regular Paper (20 min. slot), Short Paper (10 min.) or Brief Report (5 min.). Papers are accepted until the program is full or until October 25, whichever comes first.
Online Registration is preferred, but you may click here to download a PDF form to fill out and mail in with your check.
We wish to thank our Symposium partner
The San Diego Community College District Educational Cultural Complex
San Diego Community College District Educational Cultural Complex Theatre
4343 Ocean View Blvd. San Diego, CA 92113